Mine creaked.  One drop of any good penetrating lube on either side of the nose
bracket where the rail passes through got rid of it forever.

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Schroederpc
  To: RBW Owners Bunch
  Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:42 PM
  Subject: [RBW] Creaky Brooks 17 Saddle

  I have a Brooks B17 (my first Brooks) with 2000 miles on my AHH, and
  it makes a creaking noise when I shift on the saddle or make any up
  and down motion. I've tightened the tension bolt in the past, and did
  so again recently. It's not sagging or feeling too soft, and I'm
  worried I might over tighten it. Any suggestions? Thanks! - Scott