Jonathon:

While chain line is not as important on a bike with multiple cogs in
the back, it is important enough that you will want to play around
with the configuration or else you may run into shifting problems.

Unless you have that wonderful adjustable Swiss bottom bracket (I want
to say the name of the company was Edco?), you may need to move the
middle ring to the outside in order to keep a good chain line.  This
varies depending on the bottom bracket and rear gear mix, so you will
want to experiment a bit.

I did it with a Hilsen and a TA Cyclotourist crank, so I know it can
be done.  I had to change the configuration before I got it right
though.