  From: Chris Halasz
  To: RBW Owners Bunch
  Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:03 PM
  Subject: [RBW] Re: Sam Hillborne geometry is up at RBW site!

  Tried a bike this past year with a threadless stem; it was the largest
  sized, and I could *not* find a production stem that brought the bars
  within a cm of saddle height (cm to zero difference) that wasn't
  stretched too far, or just incredibly ugly. Even then, I couldn't get
  it to work. Maybe if the steerer hadn't been pre-cut.

  I am so much happier back with a Riv and Nitto stem.

  From Dave Moulton's Blog:
  "Richard Sachs said it best when he stated, “The threadless steerer
  was an answer to a problem that didn’t exist.”
  The old style quill stem (Left.) worked fine, it was elegant and easy
  to adjust up and down. Now it is obsolete, not because it didn’t work,
  but because forks with threadless steering columns are easier to mass
  produce."

  Chris
  Tucson, AZ