Oh good, I'm glad that I'm not the only one and thus coming off as a
curmudgeon :-)

There probably isn't a whole hill of beans in difference between parts
made in 2002 and those made in 2009, but between parts made in 1980
and parts made in this century, there is a huge difference :-)

--
having a blood clot is a sticky situation