on 1/28/09 4:42 PM, chris love at melvinl...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all. I'm deciding which shifters to put on my new ride (silver bar
> ends - friction only i think - or shimano) and curious who swears by
> which. Any opinions?

Silvers.

Then if you want to go to a downtube setup down the road, you're all ready
to do so.

Plus the Silvers are smooooooooth.

And Narrower.  (Unless that's another optical conclusion...)

- J

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Send In Your Photos! - Here's how: http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"That which is overdesigned, too highly specific, anticipates outcome; the
anticipation of outcome guarantees, if not failure, the absence of grace."

William Gibson - "All Tomorrow's Parties"