Jim Bronson wrote:
> What I have found that I do prefer is (gasp) anatomic bars.  Since I
> am very tall, I ride in the drops a lot when it's windy and that is a
> sure reciepe on the Nitto Noodles for numb hands.  I don't have nearly
> as many problems with my Ritchey anatomic bars.  But alas they do not
> come in bright silver.
Same here.  My hands used to get cramps riding in the drops on Noodle
bars- the curve was uncomfortable for me.
My small hands just love my ergonomic Salsa Poco bars and my 9 speed
short-reach brifters, so I put that setup on both my bikes.  Black bars:
tape as close to the stem as possible before the cable want to emerge,
and then allow the cable to go off where it wants to and tape/twine an
additional inch further in after that, sans cable, towards the stem as
close as you want.  When you run out of tape switch to twine.
Lisa