Aside from qualities specific to a particular model of tire, there are
a lot of factors that affect tire wear: rider weight, riding style
(skidding, hard cornering), riding in wet/cold/hot weather, etc. The
front tire typically lasts much longer than the rear. People I know
who ride tandems are happy to get more than 1000 miles out of a rear.

Personally, I almost never wear out tires because I change from one to
the next more out of curiosity or changing applications or preemptive
maintenance than because a tire is worn out.