On Apr 22, 12:41 am, awilliams53 <awilliam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How many miles should be expected from a set of tires?
>
> I'm riding on Panaracer Col De La Vie 650B Randonee tires with about
> 3,000 miles on them, and picked up my first flat today.   Fixing the
> thing gave me the opportunity to inspect them more closely than usual
> (while sitting by the side of the road) and I noticed that the tread
> was work in places and some small cracks were evident.
>
> What has been others' experience?

I have about 5,000 miles on a pair of Col De la Vies and the rear is
nearing replacement in the next 1-2K.

I'll continue to ride them until they start flatting more frequently
or if I feel them unsafe at any point..  At that time, I'll just
rotate the front to the rear, add a new front, and be good for another
4-7K.

I've flatted only two times with these tires in about 5,000 miles and
I ride them very hard.  One was due to under-inflation on a recently-
graded, gravel road on a 35mph descent.  The other was a roofing
nail.  Neither were the tire's fault.

John McMurry
Burlington, VT