I've decided to fit cloth over some recycled comfy cork and then
shellac it. Shellac on cork tend to look like... a wiener sausage!
http://www.cyclofiend.com/cc/images3/cc228-5.jpg
Shellac - The Myth Revealed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=channel&v=UiPcpnylK-4#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TanLmg-RDps