In regards to Grand Bois 700c's My Mileage Has Varied (MMHV).

Gino didn't scare me away from them but my experience confirms that they
are 'ballet slipper' like for me.

On last weekend's Lost Coast 100K I had one totally fail.
During the ride I began to experience some thumping from the rear tire.
A hairy eyeball perspective revealed a flat spot on the tire with a
faint amount of
cord exposed. We booted the tire at the lunch stop but 4 miles from
the finish it
gave up the ghost.

I've given GB's several tries but don't find the ride with them
significantly better than
what I get with the Jack Brown Greens. I've found the GB's to be a
bit fragile and
get ~1000 miles (or less) on the rear using them.The JB's have been
far more durable and give me
more like 2500 miles on the the rear

Of course YYMV as MMHV.

Cheers,