I don't own a Bomba, but for many years I owned one of it's ancestors,
an early Riv Mountain/Expedition.  That bike was, like the Bomba,
built hell-for-stout, but I enjoyed riding it as a wide-tired touring
bike that took occasional excursions onto fire roads.  It never felt
exactly fast (though I even rode it in bike club pacelines a couple of
times), but it had lovely, gentle road manners when ridden at a more
moderate pace.  I'd expect the Bomba to be similar in that respect.

You don't mention your height or bike size.  The smaller Bombadils are
built for 650b wheels.  There's nothing wrong with that, I currently
own two 650b bikes myself, but there are only so many choices of tire
and rim in that size.  Before making the leap, make sure that the
current selection of tires contains at least a couple that would meet
your current and future needs, and that rims are available with the
spoke count you need.  If you're tall enough to fit a 700c Bomba or
Atlantis, then there are LOTS of choices, from the skinniest racing
tires to gnarly fat knobbies to various widths of sturdy touring
tires, and any number of rims from which to choose.  Smaller
Atlantises (Atlanti?) use 26" wheels, which again offer myriad choices
of rims and tires.  I think the choice of rim and tire should be a
major factor in your final decision - choose the wheels you need, and
pick the frame that fits them..

Depending on where you ride, how hard you are on equipment and what
you anticipate your weight may be this time next year, maybe a Sam
Hillborne might also be an option?  I've test ridden Sams in two
sizes, and they are a pleasant ride.  Half the price of a Bombadil or
Atlantis, which is nice.  The difference could go towards some extra
strong wheels, say Phil hubs and 36 spoke rims (maybe 40 in back?).
The Bomba or Atlantis will take fatter tires and should handle bad
roads, dirt roads or touring loads better, but Sam should be a little
more responsive as a road bike.

Good luck!

Bill