I love my Bombadil. I'm 6'2", 200 lbs. It doesn't feel heavy to me, and I
have super heavy duty Sun CR-18 rims with Schwalbe 700x47 tires. The bike is
stout, but feels nice and responsive.

I can get the bars nice and high on mine. I was between sizes, and went with
the bigger 64. No regrets. It's been on longish road rides and on rocky MTB
trails. It can take it.

I bought mine without riding one, and don't regret it a bit.

I'm trying to think of some downsides besides the initial cost, and I can't
really think of any. I get a lot of attention when I ride it, and if that's
not something you like, then maybe it's not the bike for you. Kids on fixies
seem to be confounded by it.

Since I've purchased the bike, I've put almost no miles on my Quickbeam.
That's kind of sad!

Paul