I have owned my 64cm Bomb for about 2 months now.  I am a 245 lbs, 6'5"
height, PITA-to-fit bike rider who is ecstatic(!) with his Bombadil.  I
set up the bike and rode for a few days, and was troubled by some knee
pain.  It took me another week to figure out that the seatpost was *too
high* for me.  I had to lower the seatpost!  It was great!

Anyway, you asked about bike weight: don't worry about it.  This is a
Rivendell, not a Huffy.  Any weight that is there is there for a good
reason, not because of cheap construction.  After a couple of rides you
won't notice it, because you will be ecstatic(!) about the ride and comfort.

And don't be fooled by the "mountain bike" business, this is a great
road rider for long distance and endurance riding, which is what you and
I both need to work off some poundage.  If you can afford the extra $$
you should buy one.  (note:  buy a Brooks saddle.  the Cardiff is pretty
soft for a Clydesdale and broke in way too quickly.  I already need to
adjust the tension on it.)