Thanks very much for the suggestions.  I particularly like the advice
to wait a while & let the penetrant do its thing, because that is what
I'm doing now.  I have the bike in my living room to remind myself to
drip a little more liquid wrench in every day, and to give the
seatpost a daily nudge or two for encouragement. I have been riding
with the seatpost bolt completely removed, and I spread the seatpost
bolt collar a bit with a flat-blade screwdriver. I went out for a ride
and took care to put as much of my weight on the saddle as possible,
but no luck.

Since, as I mentioned, the thing is at the correct height, I've got
some time.  My main concern about this situation is that my sons won't
be able to ride the bike, when they are big enough, and they are gonzo
cyclists.

I am taking the Zen approach, for the moment.  I will prevail.

Best regards,
Bob