Another vote for soaking with liquid penetrant.  You should consider
removing the water bottle screws from the seat tube and using them as
a way to add penetrant from the bottom of the bike.  If your Trek does
not have water bottle mounts on the seat tube, you could remove the
bottom bracket and access the bottom of the seat tube that way.
Depending upon what type of seat post you have installed, it may even
be possible to "fill" the seat tube with enough penetrant to really
get a good soaking.  Once you have added the penetrant from the
bottom, store the bike upside down.

If you should decide to sacrifice the seat post to get it out,
consider using it to your advantage before cutting it off.  I once had
a stuck seat post in a tandem.  I turned the bike upside down, clamped
the post in a bench vise, then used the twisting action of turning the
bike on post to eventually free it.  I had "PLENTY" of leverage with
the frame and had the post clamped down so tight in the bench vise
that it was almost squished flat!  My stuck seat post eventually broke
free, but it was a very noisy operation.

Good luck!