On Jun 30, 8:02 pm, Christopher Paul <zdree...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally was able to track down your reply.  THANK-YOU!!!!!!!! My LBS
> balked about using my parts in this fashion (I have a history of
> giving them parts and paying for their labor, so this is nothing new).
>  I directed them to the link you gave me, and the owner acknowledged
> that this was a viable solution and agreed to do it for me.  This
> knowledge prevented him from running up the tab with less efficient
> alternatives.  As I told Gino, I have allocated funds from this
> savings for beer from a local establishment in a depressed economy in
> your honor.  Seriously,
> Thanks!
Wow, thanks! My general rule is to try the cheapest thing first. If
that doesn't work, THEN look at more expensive options. One thing I
like about this group is its willingness to try different things.
Instead of being locked in to one system, many here are willing to
experiment. All of my bikes are "mutt-bikes," with a mix of several
different brands and systems. In the end, if you can make things work,
it makes for a more eclectic and interesting bikes for those in the
know....

Also, there's nothing wrong with bring in parts and paying a LBS for
labor. Hey, they're making money and if they're willing to put
something together, why not?  Good Luck!