From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bu...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of fenderbender
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 12:37 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Subject: [RBW] Re: Brooks Swift or B17 Narrow, ti or steel rails?

Thanks for those replies! Very grateful because I have to order on the net.
One reason for me asking is that besides my four Swift (bought next to new
from friends that gave in to quick!) I have two Ideal steel railed
heavyweights. This are on my commuters and there is a big differens in feel.
The Ideal transmit much more road buzz than the ti-railed Swift.
But I would imagine that Brooks use a bit narrower and more flexible steel
rails than the old Ideal's and the leather are getting old and hard.
Just remembered I have some old titanium seatpost that could ad some
dampening but I would have to get the right shims. Ok, definitely going for
steel rails this time. Thanks!

So whats your verdict on Brooks colours then? Got me some raw hides and
brown leather paint, but can't decide what seat to get. The frame I'm
dressing up is a Mercian Vincitore Special (yeah, wrong forum :) with a Ice
Blue Pearl paint job and white windows: http://i35.tinypic.com/2cwu78g.jpg
Either a young-nordic-blond-honey or a stuffy-british-antique-brown
seat-bars-mudflap-theme? ;)
http://www.brookssaddles.com/en/Shop_ProductPage.aspx?cat=saddles+-+road+%26
+mtb&prod=Swift+Chrome