Here's another resource on bars:

http://ruedatropical.com/2009/03/road-drop-bar-geometry/

I have the Gran Bois randonneur bar on my Saluki with Ergopower brifters. I
ride almost exclusively on the hoods, and it's worked fine for that, maybe
because I don't know any better. I would like to find a bar that somehow
reduces the distance between the brake lever and the bar when I'm in the
drops, but still allows full movement of the levers. I think that may be
impossible.

Rob in Seattle