I did it! It was a lot of cognitive and fine motor skill therapy, but I now
have a place quiet enough I can push that envelope. Clearly it's time to
set it up as a "fold away" workshop. Grin. Took me 3 hours for the complete
bar swap (still have bar end pods to install once they arrive).

First impressions of the Albastache (I did about 5 miles on them and horsed
around on some technical railroad ties): Wow! These are everything I was
trying to make the Albatross bars. I felt very much inside the bike and
everything just flowed. I had even fewer issues with the vertigo being in
the curves. Fast curvy trails? Awesome! Climbing in the saddle? Rock solid.
Standing to climb? Stable, no longer skitterish. Brakes where I want them!
Wow.

Thank you for all your help! That was fun! And now my brain news a rest.

A few photos for your amusement (three, and scroll left to see the other
two).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/32311885@N07/13768390645/

With abandon,
Patrick