Speaking of rear stay length, I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea of
430mm stays being better for me when climbing. I'm finding the typical
Rivish length of 450mm leads to a lot of slipping when climbing, while
430mm maintains traction up the hill. That's on similar 40mm-ish tires,
same 72^ seat tube, 595mm top tube, etc. Yes I can balance and move around
to keep the 450mm bike planted, but why would I want to do that? I haven't
fully committed to the idea of the shorter stays, but they're looking like
positives to me.

Cheers,
David

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal