Larry Powers sez-

creeps back in after I get a few miles on >>>> he bike.

Mmmm.  My experience is that mechanics, especially good mechanics, rid the
problem of brake squeal when forced to ride those bikes with the problem
for any appreciable distance. Bring wrench.

> >> I spoke with Rivendell and they feel the issue is brake related and not
> an issue with the fork.

Good call on their part.

> >>  Paul does not recommend their high profile cantis for road bikes

Really, . . .  I've got my high profile Paul's cantis mounted and squealess
Salmon Kool Stops on my B'Stone road bike.  No Toeing just set them
straight against the rim, the plow tip takes care of the toeing business.

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:13:24 PM UTC-7, LAP57 wrote:

> My Quickbeam is my most used bike but I have suffered with front brake
> squeal since I bought it about 8 years ago.  The original Shimano brakes
> may have squealed the least.  I have also tried Cane Creek cantis and
> currently have Avid shorty 6's on the bike.  The current brakes may be the
> worst.

They have a reputation for squealing, but see *mechanics* note above.

Phil B
Sonoma County