Garth nailed it pretty well. From this photo
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cecily/9578404571 I would only add that it
looks like you can put on a much shorter stem, and get some bars that don't
go as far forward before looping back. That combo could get you more
upright, but not as much as your Dutch bike.
Here is the Bosco profile and you can see how it doesn't go forward first:
http://cdn3.volusion.com/ctxtv.wmppt/v/vspfiles/photos/hb11-3.jpg?1363791017

An expense and hassle to swap out bars/stem, but cheaper than a new bike!!!

Cheers,
David

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal