miles - I ride brevets.  I am your age :-)  I have good luck at the 200k, am
finding 300k a bit challenging these days, and just abandoned a 400k at 175
miles last weekend :-(  I did manage to achieve Super Randonneur twice, but my
stomach seems to be checking out about 250k these days, and with it, my will to
live.

But yes, I ride long.  I can ride a 200k with no training/preparation, because
I ride them so often.  I also try to do most of my local errands by bike; I can
get to the grocery, post office, library, haircuts, battery store, bookstore,
etc quite easily; all within 4 miles of the house.  Utility/errand bike is my
Bleriot, which used to be the rando bike, so it is an over the top utility
bike, if you know what I mean.  With generator lighting, so I never worry about
being caught out in the dark.

My problem is finding the motivation to go out and ride 100ks solo during the
week (retired).  I like company.

Cheers,
Lynne F
http://lynnerides.blogspot.com