Though some sort of fixture is likely needed I doubt it would be all that
hard to rig up something adequate. Certainly measuring tire drop would be
less trouble than the roll down testing you have done. But I think the real
question is whats so special about 15% drop. I can't recall seeing any
supporting argument / evidence for it being optimal.