I think the number of eyelets and braze ons are limited on the Roadeos
because it is (1) purpose built as "go fast" and (2) weight!

I'm guessing that the weight issue was an important target for Grant/Riv:
sub-20# steel bike.

A full complement of frame braze ons can add a lot of weight (relatively
speaking) to a light frame. Same goes for down tube shifter mounts (which
were purposefully left off in order to use certain type of butted
downtube). And the use of threadless stem compared to quill.

The chain stay fender mount: yes, it is not optimal (from a fender
installation point), but a long-ish spacer solves that problem. IIRC, the
bottom bracket shell is not a Riv-bottom bracket. A different one was
selected to use a particular seat tube. (I could just be making this up, so
anyone with real info please speak up.)

Anyway: I'm pretty sure this isn't the first Roadeo having added braze ons.
IIRC, someone had seat stay rack mount added, and Grant/Riv has written
about putting downtube shifter mounts on Roadeos. If you're in the market
for it, you should have that conversation with them-- I think they're quite
accommodating (but there might be another bike that's better suited for
your intended purpose).

Happy riding!
Shoji