Loose Screws shut down a while back - they still have a website, but I
don't think much is left at this point.

I have kind of a love/hate relation with the XD2 - specifically, the hidden
bolt arrangement makes me grumpy... But, it always seems to work OK.    I
just replaced the cranks on the Quickbeam with a new XD2 - I actually just
wanted the arms - I reused my Surly Stainless Chainring as it has amazing
wear characteristics.  When I took the new ring off of the new arms, those
dinky little spacers dropped out (actually, one had been misaligned when
they inserted it and swaged itself into the hole a bit).  I just swapped
over the wide ones from the old crankset, which worked fine for me.  Of
course, on the QB, I'm only using toothed chainrings on the middle and
inner positions - so it moved the "big" ring (middle position) a couple
mm's inboard.  I don't think it will be a problem, but I have not tried to
use the inner ring yet.

But, yeah - spacers.  They are just aluminum spacers.  Steel would work.
Any bike shop with a decent parts drawer should have some if you don't want
to wait until RBW sends them to you.  And +1 to Michael H's tip on grease
to lock 'em down.  But, I got into the habit long ago of disassembling any
crankset and greasing all the threads and touchy bits and retorque-ing
everything anyway. This time I just had to swap rings at the same time.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclofiend/14397987778/

- Jim / cyclofiend.com