> I posted the weight of my 54cm Hunqapillar yesterday (31.4 lbs. with
> nothing but a rear rack) and now I'm 'weighing in' with my 56cm Atlantis.
> It tips the scales at a svelte 29.4 pounds with SKS fenders and a Nitto
> rear rack. The Atlantis is built with components typical for a Rivendell:

   Brooks B17 saddle
   Soma mustache bars
   Nitto Technomic stem
   Sugino XD2 triple crankset,
   Silver bar end shifters
   Tektro Oryx cantilever brakes
   Tektro 200 brake levers
   Grip King pedals
   Deore XT hubs
   8-speed cassette
   Deore rear der
   Suntour XC LTD front der
   Alex DA16 rims with 1.5 x 26 Pasela Tourguard tires

It would be reasonable to expect a Hunqapillar to weight about two pounds
more than an Atlantis with roughly the same components and accessories. At
least that is my experience. Some of the difference in my case is the
26x1.5 Pasela tires on my Atlantis are significantly lighter than the
700x50 Schwalbe Big Bens on the Hunq.

This thread is interesting - so much of the weight of a bike is in the
components, lights, accessories, racks, bags, and what is inside the bags.
That stuff has weight, but it is what makes a bicycle more comfortable,
practical and useful.