Thanks again for posting the Ebay Sam frame offer and for everyone's
thoughtful help. Yesterday afternoon I went to the seller's house. He
showed me his stable, complete with the frame for sale and his three built
up Sams. They were all 56cm double TT versions and a little tall for me, so
I think the 55cm will be perfect. They rode like a dream, and the quality
and craftsmanship were outstanding. I was surprised by how thin and light
the frame was. I never would have guessed from the ride - the bike feels
sturdy but yielding. You guys know that already though. The point is, I'm
convinced this is the bike for me. I will call them this week to discuss
sizing and dimensions. Any final words of advice?