I don't use tire wipers <http://www.compasscycle.com/tires_wipers_700.html>
any longer, since I just don't have enough flats to warrant the noise and
dust they put on the bike. When I raced on 21.5 mm tubulars, I had lots of
flats until I started using tire wipers. Thereafter, only a single flat in
three years of racing – the tire wiper had become dislodged and no longer
rubbed the surface of the tire...

Jan Heine
Compass Bicycles Ltd.
www.compasscycle.com