I have had one pretty bad accident that left a lasting impression: I
was riding on off-camber singletrack, with a bit of a rocky exposed
drop off. Got in over my skillset on a technical part, and put a foot
down. Unfortunately it was the down-slope foot, and double
unfortunately the high top tube prevented me from getting it anywhere
near the ground before I flipped over the side of the trail. Landed on
a pile of boulders about six feet below, luckily nothing broken on me
or bike other than my computer. Since then I've been a fan of sloping
downtubes :-)

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 9:07 AM, 'jinxed' via RBW Owners Bunch
<rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Ikky - I am 5'9" with a PBH of 84.5
>
> I will certainly echo Johans comments regarding the moustache bars. As
> Rivendell suggests, they require a short and upright/tall stem. If I was
> running an albatross style bar, the 59 hilsen I had for a while would have
> perfectly fine. Personally I don't find standover much of an issue. Even
> though I was stretched out, I rode the 59 frame with M-bars all over the
> Fruita MTB trails and never once had issue. I honestly cant think of a time
> in 30 years of biking that I fell in a manner that I would have landed on
> the top tube. Usually I'm more worried about the top tube hitting me in the
> head when the bike lands!
>
> On Friday, December 12, 2014 12:54:43 PM UTC-7, Ikky wrote:
>>
>> For those of us considering a Hilsen, what's your PBH / actual height? Hi
>> by the way.

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal