With practice, you can ride platform pedals and never worry about your
feet slipping off (that is, unless something happens that brings with
it a much larger problem than your feet slipping off).    The dumbest
(and most fun) things i've done on bicycles was done with good old
platform pedals:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43029...@n07/4009451976/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43029...@n07/4009446854/

I could not imagine doing anything like this clipped-in, in fact it's
scary to even think about.