I've been using CX-70 cantis for at least the past 6 months on my
Hunqapillar. I don't use the Shimano link-wire thing, and instead use a
regular straddle hanger yoke.

RE: how well they work
For me, the CX-70s are easy to set up and provide powerful braking. They
replaced CR-720, which were fine. I like the feel of the CX-70s better, and
I think they are not as finicky to set up for good braking. I used the OEM
brake pads, which were surprisingly good. I've since switched to Yokozuna's
as the OEMs have worn down. (Very easy swap.)

RE: quick release
I have nonaero brake levers with quick release, and the brake hangers both
have barrel adjusters. I can pull the straddle cable from the brake or
remove the yoke from the straddle cable. It does take a little adjusting;
first time I set it up, there wasn't enough slack.

BTW: I saw Bill's offer to trade CX-70 for his Pauls. I thought about it
for a little bit, but I really like the CX-70s. If I get another
canti-equipped bike, I'd definitely get these again.

Best, shoji