They look great!

But I see they are built with heavy duty tubing. Why couldn't they make
them with lighter tubing for less weight to get up them hills?

I would like to get a Riv one day for my wife to ride, if I can convince
her. But I don't want to put anymore weight against her feet than
necessary. She doesn't like hills and just likes her gentle rides to and
from work.