Alan:

When you say "light touring", that sounds like lodging / restaurant /credit
card.  I've done trips like that with 2 panniers plus front bag (food, day
use stuff, jacket) and maybe a small saddlebag if I need to carry rain gear
or something else I don't want to dig thru the panniers for.  I'll venture
that pretty much anything Rivendell has built will handle that service with
no worries.  Maybe a Roadeo or a super-light custom would be marginal but
all their bikes are so versatile that a couple of bags (say under 30 lbs?)
is what they're made for, no worries.

What I would take a look at is your wheels & tires.  A good set of wheels
with plenty of spokes & nice chubby tires are the ticket to touring bliss.
Bike tours are for photos & ice cream, not messing with breakdowns.  For
racks look at Nitto, Tubus, something steel & stout.

Once you get on the road & meet other tourers, you'll see people touring on
everything you can imagine.  And having a good time doing it.  Plastic
buckets for luggage, old MTBs, dad's old 10 speed, etc.  If you're on any
Rivendell, you're better equipped than a lot of people.

dougP