Hey all,

I made my annual trip from Va. to L.A. to see my sister and ride with
bro-in-law, Ian - and of course do a repeat of the Strada Rossa!

These two albums are from Ian's and my ride last Saturday doing the
Redlands Inland Empire Biking Alliance mixed-surface 50k / 100k group ride:

*https://www.flickr.com/photos/bikecrazy-paul/sets/72157649271649764/*

Our Sunday post-ride ride was as much fun, thanks to David (cyclotourist)
Estes giving up his day to guide us through Redlands and up to the single
track riding in the Crafton Hills Trails:

*https://www.flickr.com/photos/bikecrazy-paul/sets/72157649295487053/*

David's wife, Holly and family treated us to a great lunch after - on very
short notice! Thanks Holly!

Ian rode his Rivendell Atlantis with fat Smart Sams and I rode his
Rivendell Homer Hilsen (one size too large) with Schwable Dureme's. That
hard packed stuff was not a problem on those stout bikes. I was glad to
have plenty of east coast single tracking experience though! Bikes seen
along the way ranged from carbon fiber CX bikes, to all-steel like ours, to
mountain bikes. Fun for all.

Great fun both days, but that California sun is hard on a east-coast guy! I
came back with a farmer's tan!

Paul Germain
Midlothian, Va.