Ron

I don't know what you mean by your question.  Maybe you are asking:

"Hey Bill, is it necessary to remove the fork from your bicycle before
executing those recommended steps?"

If that's your question, then then answer is:  No, it is not necessary to
remove the fork before executing those recommended steps.

It's not necessary