On Oct 26, 9:34 am, Bruce <fullylug...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Grant says exactly that in his notes on custom bike ordering. He suggests that
> you look at Rivs carefully to be sure that your interests align with the RBW
> gestalt.
>
> "I absolutely listen to your wishes and input, and in fact require it, want
> it, and use
> it. But ultimately it is our name that goes on the bike, so certain
> consistencies and
> standards must be met, for it to bear our name. For that reason, before
> ordering a
> Rivendell custom, it's important to familiarize yourself with our values and
> style,
> and make sure we're a good match. "

I'm familiar with that entry, and that's why I stated that I'll see if
I can fit my nice-to-have list in.

I do want a Rivendell fitted to me but I also have a preferred list of
features, as a custom bike should.  If the items on the preferred list
clashes with the Rivendell design, then I'll definitely go with
whatever Grant is recommending since I do want the bike to handle,
look and feel like a Rivendell.  Otherwise, why bother?

Nevertheless, except for the PegoRichie tubing bit and maybe the front
rack bias*, I believe the items on my list are quite aligned with the
Rivendell philosophy.  In fact, I've already spoken to Grant a while
ago about most of the items and he seemed quite agreeable to them.
However, the longer the wait, the longer the list grows!  I'm certain
and in fact expecting that Grant will remain his steadfast self and
filter out that which will compromise his design.  Yes, this will be
Grant's design for me. :>

Cheers,
Benz

* this may be nothing at all since I'm not asking for a porteur
bicycle!  I only want to carry a small front bag like a Berthoud
GB2286, Acorn Boxy Rando Bag or Guu-watanabe Retro (if the CFO goes
raving mad, LOL!)