Marc,
Thanks for the trilogy. It brought back some good memories of a trip I made
about four years ago, Rockwood PA to DC, self-contained and WAY too much
stuff. Camped at the Y in Cumberland and at several commercial campgrounds
off the C & O. Transportation back MOST of the way with a scout troup, then
picked up by my wife in Bedford (120 mi. round trip). Transportation on the
return trip is always an issue, one way SUV rental from Reagan Airport to
PGH is always an option. Anyway, I want to do it again!
Steve,
I live about 35 miles east of Pittsburgh. The Amtrak from DC goes right
through and stops in my town but allows no bike offloading, even in a
box. That, with roll on/roll off sure would simplify things for me,
provided it happens pre-second coming.
John Wilson
Greensburg, PA
USA