Liesl,

I just received by TB's and promptly mounted them on my '03 Atlantis
running 26" wheels and took it for a spin today. My initial reaction is
damn wow! I road mixed terrain,  mostly sandy loose trail with some fist
sized rocks. Right off the bat I was amazed how fast they rolled over
asphalt and how sure footed they felt in the loose trail, especially
compared to the Big Ben's I've been running.

Clearance:

I have 60 mm SKS fenders and the TB's have gobs more room, probably because
they measure 47.5mm on my DT Swiss 23mm OD MTB rims, versus the Big Ben's
which on the same rims measures approximately 53.5mm.

Supple:

I know this seems a stretch but they have that Grand Bois Hetre suppleness
which at least for me translates into a cush ride. I ran them at 40 psi and
they rolled really quick, sort of feel like I could run em at 35 psi and be
fine.

Price:

I purchased them from
http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-thunder-burt-evo-snakeskin-pacestar-26x2.10-tl-easy-folding-405726
for two I paid IIRC $85.76 approximately that included shipping. They
arrived really quickly considering they came from Germany and had to go
through customs.

Keep in mind I can't speak to durability since I just started riding them,
pretty sure the Big Ben's will last a really long time. I however am
willing to sacrifice that for a supple, fast, weight saving tire that
increases my riding pleasure, along with the potential for increased flats.
Hey out West here the dreaded "Goat Head" don't discriminate. They went
easily through my brand new Big Ben's.

I think with the cost it's an easy decision.

Happy riding,

~Hugh