Tony-

You have some apples and oranges going on here.

> http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-thunder-burt-evo-snakeskin-pacestar-27%2C5x2%2C25-tl-easy-folding-444604/wg_id-8913
> -540grams, $37

The "evolution" tire you linked to is 2.25" wide, but the "performance" one
is 2.1" wide.  Also, the "evolution" tire has a tubeless bead.

vs

> http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-thunder-burt-performance-dc-650b-27%2C5-x-2%2C10-98533/wg_id-238
> -440grams, $16

That accounts for a little of the weight discrepancy, but I don't believe
that the "performance" Thunder Burt weighs only 440 grams with a steel
bead.  The steel bead "performance" TB isn't listed on Schwalbe NA's
Thunder Burt page
<http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/off-road_tires/Thunder_Burt>, so I
can't confirm.

Regardless, the difference in ride/feel between the "performance" and
"evolution" lines would probably startle you.  The Super Moto
<http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/4730> (evolution line, Pacestar
compound) feels as supple as any Grand Bois or Pari Moto tire I've ridden.
They're super fast.  The "performance" line Fat Franks I put on my
girlfriend's bike are nice, but nowhere near as fast.

I'd rule out the "performance" Thunder Burt, unless you don't care about
performance.

Looks like your choices are:
584 x 54 mm, in Liteskin (415g)
<http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-thunder-burt-evo-pacestar-27%2C5x2%2C10-liteskin-folding-229215/wg_id-8913>
or Snakeskin/Tubeless (480g)
<http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-thunder-burt-evo-snakeskin-pacestar-27%2C5x2%2C10-tl-easy-folding-229283/wg_id-8913>
584 x 57 mm, in Snakeskin/Tubeless (540g)
<http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-thunder-burt-evo-snakeskin-pacestar-27%2C5x2%2C25-tl-easy-folding-444604/wg_id-8913>

Less than $40 each, considering they're >$90 at US retail, seems like a
great deal.

I may add a pair of 559 x 54 Thunder Burts, in Liteskin
<http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-thunder-burt-evo-pacestar-26x2.10-liteskin-folding-435831/wg_id-241>,
to my order once they get Super Motos back in stock next week.

Tim