With the caveat that I haven't tried a super stiff rear rack (e.g.
Tubus/Nitto), for whatever reason the same weight in the Hoss/Camper is way
less likely to cause shimmy for me on this bike. Part of the issue might be
my big feet (size 12s) mean panniers have to slide pretty far back. Even
with tiny panniers, it took concentration to hold a line. The worst was
when I had a small rubbermaid mounted on top of a light rear rack (Nitto
R15). That would shimmy with just a jacket back there!

In the second photo, I have a one-man tent + groundsheet on the front rack
(except for the poles). I've been using a bivy lately.

Best,
joe broach
pdx or