I owned the PV-8 (the one that starts generating at lower wheel rpm). It
was certainly light and worked well, though for some reason I noticed more
vibration with it than with certain other dyno hubs. This vibration was
noticeable but not really annoying.

OTOH, doing spin tests, both with lights on and lights off -- the carefully
controlled technique was to put the bikes in a stand and spin the wheel by
hand on the tire as fast as I could -- the PV-8 lasted only half to 2/3 of
the revs of the admittedly lower powered SON 20 R; OTOH again, the PV-8 was
attached to a considerably heavier rim and tire, and those 700C, while the
lighter rim/tire for the SON was 1.25" smaller in radius.

Upshot, for me: If I could afford a SON Deluxe (which is the same,
basically, I think, as the 20R), I'd buy that; but I'd choose the PV-8 or,
probably, the lower powered but less draggy SV-8, over the best Shimanos.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Don Funke <bozemanchiroprac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone have experience with these hubs? They have some good reviews and
> are considerably less expensive than some of the german brands. I assume
> they can be manufactured cheaper without the stringent german regulatory
> process.
>
> http://www.intelligentdesigncycles.com/shop/shutter-precision-hub-dyanmos.html

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. *Aristotle

*The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. *Dante