Deacon, you must be an animal to ride a SS in that terrain!  Here in Vt I
can't go out the door without hitting a 10% grade and most rides will have
at least a 14%  ramp somewhere along the way.  I wouldn't dream of riding
without at least a 30/26 gear on an unloaded bike.

Michael
You are the Universe becoming aware of itself.