It's true. No ride is too small.

I used to avoid too-short rides. The cyclometer on my fork would stare at
me, gently mocking me if my rides lasted less than five miles.
Then, I decided it was time to tear down my All-Rounder for a long-overdue
overhaul. To serve me in the meantime, I rebuilt my Bridgestone MB-4 as a
city bike, with upright bars, racks and fenders. And no cyclometer. I
decided to try NOT thinking about distance.

That was over a week ago. And after the first couple of rides, I stopped
caring about distance. And two things happened:

1. I spent more time riding (albeit at a slightly slower pace).
2. I enjoyed my rides more.

I'll be tossing up a bunch of Huret cyclometers on eBay soon. But first,
another ride before it gets too hot out there.
Happy riding!
Beth in pdx