Not exactly on-topic, but:

The autocorrect isn't just OSX. It's also in every modern browser, and in
Google Groups, regardless of what browser or OS you're using. Not to
encourage paranoia, but they're *all* out to make you look stupid.

I hate it, too. I hate the stealth spelling changes that I don't notice
until I've posted, after it's too late to do correct. I hate that every
single one of these user interfaces doesn't give me a preference to opt out
of using autocorrect.

I know how to spell, computers; leave my words alone.

Peter "resentful wearer of mechanical watches" Adler
Berkeley, CA/USA