I'm in Iceland right now doing some hiking and a lot of thinking about biking
thru Iceland. I brought a topo backpack, some danner mountain lites with the
cordura window (which are more and more, the only shoes I wear if I can), musa
pants and shorts, patagonia Nano puff hoodie (excellent for traveling),
Tevas...I have been buying lots of wool here. Iceland is really in on the
merino game so I've got a full mixed matched base layer now of unknown gas
station and discount store merino undergarments. Wool long johns with musa
pants has been a revelation. Also sprung for some 66 north pants, which, I
hope, will be good for biking too. Nice slim cut but still flexible lightweight
polyester. Normality looking. What I wished swrve pants were like.
I also brought other things which are decidedly un-rivish.