My understanding (perhaps from an old Blug post) is that Riv developed the
cream Longboards to in conjunction with SKS to match their head tubes. I
have a set, and already had a set of hammered Honjos that also fit my Sam.
They both look nice, but I ended up fitting (with some
tinkering/shortening) a set of PDW dark gray "Full Metal Fenders" in 700 x
45mm to match my Nitto dark gray M194 bars and Jagwire titanium gray
housing (all on a blue and cream Sam). I think black anodized, hammered VOs
would look awesome on orange or black Rivs, but maybe not as sweet on Blue
Sams. Green Sams need silver fenders, imo. In the end, I think I've decided
that cream Longboards are just too much of a good thing, but it's
admittedly a personal preference.