I ride Big Ben 50's on my Sam a lot, and it has sidepulls. It's why I think
it's such an amazing bike. The 50's are the limit of the bike's tire clearance,
and if there were mud, I'd have some interference problems. But do Californians
know what mud is anymore?

One of the shots shows a two millimeter clearance with the fender tab, but I
don't worry about it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46035786@N07/17071337951/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46035786@N07/17070605792/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46035786@N07/15646856530/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46035786@N07/15831687195/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46035786@N07/15645878559/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46035786@N07/15646528257/in/dateposted-public/

On Aug 29, 2015, at 2:42 PM, Surlyprof wrote:

> +1 on the maroon and creme.  They don't do reds often but, when they do, they
> do it well.  Can't justify the purchase when the bike looks so similar to my
> canti-Hillborne.  I am wondering if this is a variation on the Hillborne with
> capability for wider tires.  If so, that would be fantastic.  This has got me
> wondering about adding the Big Ben 50s to the Sam.  It handles the 45 Smart
> Sams well (and I love the bouncy, smooth trail ride) but it is getting a
> little tight around the chainstays.
>
> John
>
> On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 6:24:35 PM UTC-7, Daniel D. wrote:
> Love that maroon w/cream
>
> On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:44:34 PM UTC-7, drew wrote:
> now there is a reddish 55cm up. am i looking at a hunq fork crown on these
> guys? it seems like the slightly more affordable, slightly more off roady
> line up they are working towards is gonna be pretty cool and well timed,
> trend wise.

James Warren
jimcwar...@earthlink.net

- 700x33