The Racers open just enough to clear our 26x1.5 Marathon Racers, which are
near the end of life.  Those brakes have a 55mm opening at the top but I
have managed to get 60 mm metal fenders under them by dropping them down a
bit.  I want to go to the Compass 1.75 tire w/out having to deflate the
tires to remove the wheel.  I think you are saying the Mini Ms will work
but not as well as the Retros.  I don't want to change levers as I really
like my Tecktros.

Michael