I have decide to get our tandem repainted over the winter and as part of
that am considering moving from the Paul's Racer (studded) brakes to either
Mini Motos or  Neo Retros.  I want to  increase brake clearance from the
38MM w/fenders of the ctr pulls, which otherwise are great brakes.  I have
lots of experience and love my Neo-Retros but no experience with V brakes.
 Can  someone help me understand a bit about steup/stability of the
mini-moto and the braking power vs either good CP or the neo retros?

Braking on a tandem is rather different than a single.  On the one hand you
have twice the mass and on the other hand the rear wheel has much less
tendency to lift and therefore more braking power.

Thanks, Michael